High School Articulation: Students and Parents
HIGH SCHOOL ARTICULATION
WHAT IS ARTICULATION?
- Articulation is the process of granting Cypress College credit for high school and ROP approved coursework that the college faculty in the specific discipline have determined to be comparable to a specific community college course.
- High school students must earn a “B” or better in both semesters.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ARTICULATION?
- High school students earn college credit while in high school and or in ROP Program
- High school students save time by earning Cypress College credits
- High school students save money by earning free Cypress College credits
- High school students increase and expand their knowledge of college and career readiness
HOW DO I ENROLL IN AN ARTICULATED CLASS?
- High school students inform their high school counselor of their interest
- The high school counselor/career technical education instructors will assist student through completion of the required paperwork
WHAT IS THE COST OF ARTICULATION?
There are no costs to take a class while in high school.
HOW DO I REQUEST CREDIT FROM CYPRESS COLLEGE?
Send your official high school transcript to:
- See Cypress College Student Process for Articulation Credit
- Students have up to two years after course completion to claim credit
DOES ARTICULATED CREDIT TRANSFER TO OTHER COLLEGES OR UNIVERSITIES?
- Articulation credit is intended to be used toward the attainment of a degree or certificate at Cypress College. However, depending on the other higher education institution’s policy, it may be used as transfer credit. Check with the other institution about acceptance of articulated high school course credit
WHICH CYPRESS COLLEGE COURSES QUALIFY FOR CREDIT?
- Review the list of articulated courses offered by your high school and or check with Cypress College Career Education Division at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHEN WILL ARTICULATION CREDIT APPEAR ON MY CYPRESS COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT?
Articulated credit will appear on your Cypress College transcript when you:
- Articulated credit will appear on your Cypress College transcript when student completes steps 1-4 that can be found here: Student Process for Articulation Credit
WHERE CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION?
- Ask your high school counselor, career technical education instructor, or contact Ann Griffo-Kennelly at email@example.com